Dr. Major Singh Goraya
Computer Science and Engineering
Ph.D., M.Tech., B.Tech.
1. Associate Professor from 22/06/2010 to till date at SLIET, Longowal
2. Assistant Professor from 22/06/2007 to 21/06/2010 at SLIET, Longowal
3. Lecturer from 07/08/1998 to 21/06/2007 at Punjabi University
Keynote Lectures/Expert Talk
1. Expert lecture on January 25th 2017, in TEQIP-II sponsored three week FDP cum refresher course on recent trends and advances in Engineering and Technology, organized by the Deptt. of CSE, UIET, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, (January 9-30, 2017).
2. Expert talk on recent trends in Computer Engineering on August 21, 2016, in the Int. Conf. on Recent Trends in Computer Engineering, August 21, 2016.
3. Expert Lecture on topic “Engineering Today”, organized at Yadavindra College of Engineering, Punjabi University, Guru kasha Campus, on Sep 27, 2015.
4. Expert lecture on “Grid Computing”, Feb 7, 2015, Department of IT under TEQIP-II professional Skill development Programme.
5. Service oriented perspective of cloud computing on 03/07/2015 in PTU sponsored FDP on Keys to Innovative Technologies and Emerging Software organized by the Deptt. of CSE, CGC College of Engineering, Mohali (June 29-July 03, 2015).
6. Expert lecture on “Resource management in Grid”, may 28, 2014, in the UGC sponsored Refreshers course in CSE, held at Academic Staff College, GJUS&T, Hisar (March 24- May 14, 2014)
7. Expert lecture on “Grid Computing: An overview”, may 28, 2014, in the UGC sponsored Refreshers corse in CSE, held at Academic Staff College, GJUS&T, Hisar (March 24- May 14, 2014)
8. Fault tolerance in grid computing environment on 15/12/2011 in National Conference on Envisioning the Future: Emerging Trends in Management and Information Technology at Chinmaya Institute of Technology, Kannur.
Computer Society of India
(1) Major Singh Goraya, and Lakhwinder Kaur, “Fault tolerance task execution through cooperative computing in grid”, Parallel Processing Letters, 23(1), pp. 1350003(1-20), 2013.
(2) Major Singh Goraya, and Lakhwinder Kaur, “Resource grouping in grid towards the availability and reliability of computing service”, Journal of Advance Computing, 1, pp. 1-8, 2013.
(3) Major Singh Goraya and Harjinder Kaur, “Cloud Computing in Agriculture”, HCTL Open International Journal of Technology Innovations and Research, Vol. 16, pp. 2321-1814, 2015.
(4) Deepak Sharma and Major Singh Goraya, “Cloud Computing: An Overview, International Journal of current Engineering and Scientific Research, Vol. 2 (5), 2015.
(5) Gagandeep Kaur and Major Singh Goraya, “Distributed Resource Information in Grid for Efficient Resource Discovery”, International Journal of current Engineering and Scientific Research, Vol. 2 (5), 2015.
(6) Harjinder Kaur and Major Singh Goraya, “Role of Cloud Based Technologies in Agriculture Process across Countries: A Review”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 14 (9), 2016.
(7) Neha Garg and Major Singh Goraya, “A survey on energy-aware scheduling techniques in cloud computing environment,” International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 14 (10), 2016.
(8) M. Hasan and M. S. Goraya, “Successive stage multi-round scheduling for cube based multi-processor systems,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, pp. 251-254, 2014.
(9) M. Hasan and M. S. Goraya, “Optimization of X-ray tomography through a cooperative computing system in grid,” in Proc. Advanced Materials and Radiation Physics, 2015.
(10) M. Hasan and M. S. Goraya, “A framework for priority based task execution in the distributed computing environment,” in Proc. IEEE International Conf. on Signal processing, Computing and Control, 2015.
(11) M. Hasan and M. S. Goraya, “Priority based cooperative computing in cloud using task backfilling,” Lecture Notes on Software Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 3, 2016.
(12) Harjinder Kaur, Major Singh Goraya, “Outline of the Cloud Computing Platform” Presented at International Conference on Communication, Information and Computing Technology ICCICT-15 held at Global Institute of Management and Emerging Technology, Amritsar (Punjab) on dated May 12-13, 2015
(13) Harjinder Kaur, Major Singh Goraya, “Applications of Information Technology in Agriculture ” Presented at 6th National Conference on Communication and Networking NCCN-16 held at SLIET on dated February 05-06 , 2016
(14) Harjinder kaur, Major Singh Goraya, “Computer Networks Implementation in Agriculture” Presented at National Conference on Pervasive Computing held at DAV College , Bathinda on dated May 6th , 2016.
PhD. THESIS SUPERVISION DETAILS
Supervising six PH. D. Scholars in the field of Cloud Computing
M.Tech DISSERTATION SUPERVISION DETAILS
Supervised two M.Tech. dissertations
One M.Tech. dissertation under supervision
Copyright © 2019 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET