SLIET shall strive to act as an international podium for the development and transfer of technical competence in academics through formal and non formal education, entrepreneurship and research to meet the changing need of society.
- Non formal,flexible,modular,multipoint entry programmes in engineering and technology and in the areas like rural development,educational planning,information and management sciences.
- Education and training in modern technology areas.
- Promotion of self development among the students.
- Extension services to industry working population,passed-out students, social organisations and institutions of research and higher learning.
- Close interface with the industry to conduct research on the basis of manpower requirements leading integrated educational planning curriculum development and instructional material preparation in technology and inter-disciplinary areas.
- Promotion of instiute-institute linkages for sustainable development of academic and research.