Educational Qualifications : Ph.D in Sciences (Physics) awarded in 1990 by IIT Delhi.
Ph.D. thesis title: “Investigation of erision and transport properties in MHD Power Generator”
M.Sc. (Physics) passed in 1982 from H.P.University, Shimla.
Teaching Experience : 20 years (Since Dec 6, 1994)
• Assistant Professor (from Oct 2004 to July 2006) at Gondar University, Ethiopia
Research Experience : 30 years (Since 1983) in the field of Energy/Pollution studies.
Seminar/Conferences Attended : 20
Short-Term/Refresher Courses Attended : 15
Seminar/Course conducted in the Department
• First Class first position in B.Sc. & B.A. at G.D. College, Bilaspur (H.P.), 1980.
Research Papers : 107
Publications in National/International Journals
10. Solar-assisted liquid metal MHD power generation: a state of the art study, S C Kaushik, S S Verma and A Chandra, Applied Thermal Engineering 15 (7) (1995) 675-689
11. To Study the Suitability of Some Liquid Metals/Alloys for Liquid Metal Magnetohydrodynamic (LMMHD) Power Generation, S.S.Verma and S.C.Verma, The Journal of Institution of Engineers (Mechanical Section), 78(1998) 70
15. Eco-friendly alternative refrigeration systems (Part1: Magnetic and Thermoelectric Refrigeration & Part II: Thermo acoustic Refrigeration) S S Verma, Resonance, 6(10) (2001)57-67 & 6(11) (2001) 63-67
16. Parametric Studies of N2O Formation and Destruction Mechanisms, S.S.Verma, Int. J. Energy Conversion and Management (USA), 43 (13) (2002) 1737
17. To study the direct transformation of methane into methanol at lower temperature range S.S.Verma, Int. J. Energy Conversion and Management (USA), 43 (15) (2002) 1999
20. Formation and destruction of sulfur oxides with temperature, S.S.Verma, Indian Journal of Environmental Health (NEERI) Nagpur (2002)
21. Chemical kinetic modeling of higher temperature ethanol oxidation, S.S.Verma, J. Chemical & Environmental Research (AMU), 11 (3-4) (2002)
24. The role of sulfur oxides in the formation/destruction of nitrous oxides, S.S.Verma, Proceedings of the EnerEnv 2003 Conf. on Energy & Environment: a world of challenges and opportunities, Published by Science Press, New York (2003) 725
25. Magic pill for longevity, S.S.Verma, J. of Punjab Academy of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, 4 (2004)
28. Portable explosive detector: recent development S.S.Verma, Nandini Chemical Journal, (2006)
31. Floating nuclear power plants, S.S.Verma, Int. Journal of Nuclear Desalination, 2(4)(2007) 311
34. Nano Power, S.S.Verma, Bulletin on Energy Efficiency, 7 (2007)
35. Free Power, S.S.Verma, Bulletin on Energy Efficiency, 7 (2007)
38. Green Computing, , S.S.Verma, Punjab Institute of Management and Technology (PIMT) journal of Research (Published) (2008)
40. Air powered vehicles, The open fuels and energy science journal, S.S.Verma, 1(2008) 54-56
42. Hi-Tech Human Body of Tomorrow, S.S. Verma, Trends in
Biomaterials & Artificial Organs: an International Journal Published by the
Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs India, 21(2) (2008) 124-126.
43. Effect of magnetic and electric field dynamics on copper-iron thermocouple performance, Jaspal Singh and SS Verma, Asian Journal of Chemistry (Supplementary issue 2009), Vol. 21, No. 10, pp. S056-S061.
44. Performance Comparison of Some Common Thermocouples For The Waste Heat Utilization, Vinod Kumar, Jaspal Singh and S S Verma, Asian Journal of Chemistry (Supplementary issue 2009), Vol. 21, No. 10, pp. S062-S065.
49. Enhancing Physics Learning and Research in Relevance to Technical Education, S S Verma, Indian Journal of Technical Education (2010)
51. Effect of mechanical stress on the generation of thermo-emf for copper-constantan thermocouple, Jaspal Singh and S S Verma Indian Journal of Engineering, Science, and Technology ISSN: 0973-6255 Vol. 4, No.1, pp. 104-107, January- June 2010.
55. Refractive Index Sensitivity Analysis of Ag, Au and Cu Nanoparticles, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, Plasmonics 6 (2) 311-317 (2011)
56. Optimal Dimensions of Gold Nanorod for Plasmonic Nanosensors, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, Plasmonics 6 (1) 163-169 (2011), 57. Plasmonics: the future wave of communication, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, Current Science 101(4) 484-488 (2011)
58. Study of Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) In a Nano-Structured Material, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, Research J. Engineering and Tech. 2(4): 227-230, October –December 2011
59. Cu, CuO, and Cu2O Nanoparticle Plasmons for Enhanced Scattering in Solar Cells, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, Conference Paper, Optics for Solar Energy (OSE) Austin, Texas November 2, 2011, Joint Poster Session PV/SOLAR/SOLED/E2 (JWE)
Published in Renewable Energy and the Environment, OSA Technical Digest (CD) (Optical Society of America, 2011), paper JWE22.
60. Growing computing power, S.S.Verma, IAPT Bulletin (accepted) (2012)
61. Teaching science with videos and animations, S.S.Verma, IAPT Bulletin (accepted) (2012)
62. Computing with magnets, S.S.Verma, IAPT Bulletin (accepted) (2012)
63. Influence of aspect ratio and surrounding medium on localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) of gold nanorod, SS Verma and Jagmeet Singh Sekhon, J. of Optics (2012)
64. Tunable Plasmonic Properties of Silver Nanorods for nanosensing applications, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, J. Mat. Sci.(2012)47:1930-1937
65. Rational Selection of nanorod plasmons: material, size, and shape dependence mechanism for optical sensors, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, Plasmonics (2012)
66. Magnetic field dynamics of Thermo-Emf Generation in the High Temperature Range, Jaspal Singh and SS Verma, Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (RJET) (2012).
67. Semiconducting Pallets (Bi2Te3, Pb2Te3 and Bi2Pb3): As the Thermo Power Generation Elements, Jaspal Singh and SS Verma, 978-1-4577-1964-6/12/$31.00 ©2012 IEEE
68. Latest Developments of a Compressed Air Vehicle: A Status Report, SS Verma, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering (Automotive Engineering), Volume 13 Issue 1 Version 1.0 Year 2013, pp. 29-39.
69. Energy conversion efficiencies of thermoelectric pallets (Bi2Pb3, Bi2Te3 and Pb2Te3) under the influences of electric and magnetic fields, Jaspal Singh and S. S. Verma, AIP Conf. Proc. 1536, 1213 (2013); doi: 10.1063/1.4810676.
70. Effect of surrounding medium on light absorption characteristics of CdSe, CdS & CdTe nanospheres and their comparison, Amit Bansal, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon, and S. S. Verma, AIP Conf. Proc. 1536, 267 (2013); doi: 10.1063/1.4810203.
72. DDA simulation of noble metals and their nanocubes for tunable optical properties in biological imaging and sensing, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon, H K Malik and SS Verma, RSC Advances, 2013, 3 (35), 15427-15434
74. Studying Physics, SS Verma, IAPT Bulletin (2013) (accepted)
75. Tunable Absorption Characteristics of ZnS Nanoparticles with Doping, S S Verma, Indian Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER) (GBS Publishers & Distributor, India), vol. 1, no.1, pp.1-10, 2013
76. Simulations to Enhance Near-Bandgap Light Absorption in Si Solar Cells with Noble Metal Nanoparticles, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and S S Verma, Indian Journal of Advanced Materials Science (JAMS) 1(1) (2013) 1-7.
77. Plasmonic simulations of copper and aluminium nanoparticles for heating and imaging applications, Jagameet Singh Sekhon and S S Verma, Indian Journal of Nanotechnology and Applications (JNA) Vol. 1, No. 1(2013).
78. A Comparison of Figure of Merit for Some Common Thermocouples in the High Temperature Range, Jaspal Singh and SS Verma, Global Journal of Researches in Engineering Electrical and Electronics Engineering Volume 13 Issue 11 Version 1.0 Year 2013, pp.6-12
80. Effect of Operating Conditions in Precise Measurements with Thermocouples, Jaspal Singh and SS Verma, Indian Journal of Applied Engineering Research (IJAER) (GBS Publishers & Distributor, India) (accepted)
81. Simulated absorption and scattering efficiencies of semicomductor coated Au nanoshells, Amit Bansal and SS Verma, Plasmonics DOI 10.1007/s11468-013-9629-4
83. LSPR tunable light enhancement of carbon@gold nanoparticles, Amit Bansal, and SS Verma, In the proceedings of 3rd National Conference on Advanced Materials and Radiation Physics (AMRP-2013), Nov.22-23, 2013, published online by Int. J. of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) (ESRSA Publications) ( March 2014) (www.ijert.org), pp. 15-17.
84. Magnetic field dynamics of thermo-emf generation in the high temperature range, Jaspal Singh and SS Verma, In the proceedings of 3rd National Conference on Advanced Materials and Radiation Physics (AMRP-2013), Nov.22-23, 2013, published online by Int. J. of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) (ESRSA Publications) ( March 2014) (www.ijert.org), pp. 42-46.
85. Progress in metallic hydrogen as a fuel, SS Verma, Chemical technology: an Indian Journal (Trade Science Inc) (March 2014) (Accepted)
88. Influence of electric field dynamics on the generation of thermo-emf by some advanced thermocouples in the high temperature range, Jaspal Singh and SS Verma, Materials Sciences: an Indian Journal (Trade Science Inc) Article ID 897125, (10 pages) (2014) Volume 11 Issue 11, article no. 4
89. Controlling the LSPR properties of Au triangular nanoprisms and nanoboxes by geometrical parameter: a numerical investigation, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, J. of Modern Optics, DOI: 10.1080/09500340.2014.954650, Published online: 03 Sep 2014 (IF = 1.169)
90. Optical Response of Noble Metal Alloy Nanostructures, Amit Bansal and S S Verma, Physics Letters A 379 (2015) 163–169 (IF=1.626)
93. Dimensional and compositional dependent analysis of plasmonic bimetallic nanorods, Amit Bansal, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and SS Verma, Journal of Modern Optics, DOI: 10.1080/09500340.2015.1063725 (July 2015 2015)
94. Influence of shape, size, and surrounding medium on plasmonic response of Au-Ag-Cu trimetallic nanoparticles, Amit Bansal and SS Verma, AIP Conference Proceeding (2015) AIP Conf. Proc. 1675, 030083 (2015); http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4929299.
100. Cu Nanoparticle Plasmons to Enhance GaAs Solar Cell Efficiency, Gurjit Singh, Jagmeet Singh Sekhon and S S Verma, The International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics-Photonics 16, at IIT Kanpur, 4-8 December 2016.
101. Smog free tower, SS Verma, Clean India Journal, (January 2016)
103. Enhanced efficiency of thin film GaAs solar cells with plasmonic metal nanoparticles, Gurjit Singh and SS Verma, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects (Taylor & Francis), November 27, 2017, VOL. 39, NO. 21, 1–8 (IF=0.527) doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2017.1407840
104. Optical Response of Coated Iron Oxide (s) Nanoparticles towards Biomedical Applications, Pradeep Bhatia, S.S. Verma, and M.M. Sinha, American Journal of Optics and Photonics (Science Publishing Group), pp.x-x, vol. 5 (4) November 2017.